Saturday, October 2, 2010

Canada FLASHBACK!: (Part 1 of 4: Newfoundland)

Mmkay, so because I had such a transcendently terrific trip home this summer, I just had to post some photos.  I know, I know, I wasn't In Shanghai, as such, but, well, my heart was, most of the time, and, um - just give me a break this time.  The show begins!

I went to Newfoundland to visit university friend Laura, who, with lovely partner Travis, recently produced darling, darling baby Sylvia Jean.  Laura's town is so small they don't have house numbers, which, let me tell you, was a refreshing contrast to Shanghai.  It was ten days of baby cuddles, home improvement projects, baking, and the occasional glass of wine.  Perfect.  PER-fect.  I've loved Newfoundland since I spent Christmas there in 2007, and Newfoundland in the summer is all about the crisp breezes over a grey ocean, and boats hauling in capelin (wee silvery fish).  I can be all about that, too. 


Travis' dad Barry shows me how to pitch a live lobster into a giant pot of boiling seawater.  Thanks for the sacrifice, Lobster, you and your brothers were delicious.

Laura, Sylvia and I went puffin-viewing.  Sylvia: "Fresh Newfoundland air, mnyum, mnyum."

Did we make heart-shaped moose burgers?  Of COURSE we did.

Shirley's Haven is a seniors' residence, in case you had other ideas.

Sad face at the airport!  I'm Edmonton-bound.  Until next time, mon amie.

No comments: