Sunday, November 30, 2008

I couldn't wait: my Christmas tree!

I know you're supposed to publish one post every couple of days instead of three posts in one week, but I'm still getting the hang of it. I just couldn't wait to show you my tiny tree!

A little worried about the fire/bug hazard of a real tree, not to mention having no idea where to procure one, I resigned myself to buying a fake one. I didn't want to be depressed by celebrating Christmas with a fake tree that was trying to look like a real tree, though, so I just threw the baby out with the bathwater, as it were, and opted for a white one that can at least hope to be mod if not homey. But once assembled and (literally) bent into shape, it gives off a rather pleasing glow, aided in large part by the lights, which have eight settings:

1. Combination
2. In Waves
3. Sequential
4. Slo-Glo
5. Chasing/Flash
6. Slow Fade
7. Twinkle/Flash
8. Steady On

I have opted for the latter, feeling somewhat encouraged by its confident attitude.

Photos:

1. One little box, so full of potential! (The other bag holds a few decorations for the rest of my apartment.)
2. Looks like tree murder, but you could say the same thing about any surgery, halfway through.
3. Progress! Lights glowing pluckily in background.
4. Ta da!




2 comments:

Squeege said...

Can you make all 8 settings come on in a sequence or do you have to reset it each time you want to change it?I would choose the chasing/flash or the twinkle flash. since I'm prone to motion sickness waves would not be good for me.
Oh, i just noticed no.3.

Laura B. said...

Claire, you better be settling in to Christmas for a long time.... FEBRUARY 11, BABY! (And now I've let the world of your blog know that I'm coming to Shanghai.


Downd: What happened to the soup when you were super hungry after a hard night of putting a tree together. "I downd it."