Sunday, November 30, 2008

Heaven

The discovery of Cake & Coffee Happy Hour has pretty much made my week. Yesterday when I was feeling a little low I just skipped across the street to slightly-upscale coffee bistro Wagas, plunked myself down into an Eames-inspired chair, and ordered a latté and a slice of ganache-happy chocolate cake - $6 well-spent! I've also discovered that English-language classic books are super affordable here, so I'm on a Jane Austen kick right now. Anne Elliott, the heroine of Persuasion, is a little passive for my taste, and I confess to being a little worried that she may not get off her butt and do any Persuading at all. I'll let you know how everything pans out.

P.S. Isn't the latté's napkin sweater adora
ble?


2 comments:

Yvette Stack said...

I'm so glad you found a good latte place; that is so important! I can't remember much about Persuasion; i get it mixed up with Emma and eleanor Dashwood; which book was she in? i need to read them all again.
I'm at Kathy's and we rented the Rolling Stones "shine a Light " movie, which she really enjoyed and i was seeing for the fourth time but really enjoyed too. tomorrow i'm having breakfast with Bob Casgrain.
the Christmas stalls do look a bit different from what we have here; i'm sure it's a very different atmosphere, but at least they aren't trampling each other to death like they did to a poor Wallmart worker yesterday in the US! it's their big shopping day right after Thanksgiving; like our Boxing Day. and someone shot someon in a ToysR Us store somewhere else in a fight over a toy; very much in he Christmas Spirit of peace and love!
I love your little tree and I trust you will try ll the variations of the effects you can get from it etc.

Squeege said...

Hi Claire!!! please forgive me for not writing before: i'm just learning about blogs. I enjoy reading about all your adventures and I'll continue to readyour blog. it certainly sounds like you had a scare with the police!Please elaborate at your convenience. i'm glad everything is OK now and am glad you have a tree for Christmas and hope you'll be arund friends and loved ones. Thanks to you all my Christmas shopping is done!! Thank you, thank you!!what would you like for Christmas? Is there anything you need??cockroaches in your first place?! GROSS!!!!
Love, Your Aunt Kathy xoxoxoxo